Tuesday, March 25, 2008

thrift finds



thrift finds, originally uploaded by Sea Dream Studio.

My favorite thrift store was full of treasures today. I found a great vintage wedding cake topper that is embellished with millinery flowers. The large mercury glass vase (?) has a wonderful pinkish tint. The "half-fast" cook plate is perfect for me. I LOVE the yellow swan planter!! It is so swanky! I also found a fabulous pagoda (a vintage aquarium piece), a sprig of silvey stuff, a box of adorable vintage cards, a compote bowl thing-y (or as I like to call it... a pimp cup... perfect for a nice sized afternoon cocktail), a couple of beaded votive holders and a crystal salt shaker (no top, but who cares).
Then... I strolled over to the jewelry case...


Ah, wonders!!! Vintage jewels abounding!!!

Not to mention these two funky old jewelry boxes!!!

What wonderful finds on a most beautiful spring day!!!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Great finds! I love thrift stores and garage sales!

Anonymous said...

what great finds!! Love the trinkets and the blue and pink are my Favs!!Lucky you!

Joanna Rowan said...

Wow Dale! What amazing treasures you found! can I come out and go shopping with you!! =)

Heidi said...

Hi Dale,
I came to TX to visit my in-laws and go to Round Top preview weekend last week for spring break and almost emailed you to ask about good thrift stores in the area! Darn! I did go to McKinney though, and bought a beautiful pink tussie with a bird on it from your booth! I didn't realize you worked a shift there too, but Friday I was in Round Top so I could not have gone that day. I did meet up with Sarah (who also lives in the Dallas area) from VintageLily, who was my swap partner in the Artsymama "For the Love of Supplies" swap though! So fun to meet in person the people you create, swap, blog, and sell on etsy with...
Maybe next trip!
Heidi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails