Tuesday, November 11, 2008


As winter looms my I find myself dreaming of tropics islands even more than usual. My friend J introduced me to Taprobane Island, a most worthy subject for my dreams.

Taprobane Island was originally built in the 1920's by the romantically named but self styled Count de Mauny-Talvande. The island with its neo palladian mansion has played host to kings, queens, presidents, prime ministers, aristocracy, writers and eccentrics, giving it a very colorful history, which guests can now share. The Island comprises 2 ½ acres of sheer tropical fantasy with nothing between it and the South Pole. Accommodation is provided for in 5 en-suite bedrooms, with spacious living areas, balconies, verandahs, tropical gardens and a stunning infinity pool. A staff of 5 cater for your every need; in fact after arrival, guests frequently never leave the Island until their departure.
Sri Lanka’s only privately owned island. The No.1 address in the Indian Ocean.
An impossibly romantic island villa eccentrically accessible only by wading through the sea...
or riding over on an elephant!! ~sigh~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg you just made me want to go!!! haha

toodles-
sarah

Sherri said...

the little island & elephant look so much more inviting than outside my front door. It was yucky looking. Not too cold, but it looked like winter all day.

Moongrl722 said...

Please stop posting pictures of my house. :^P I will keep buying those lotto tickets so we can go there. We will lounge around and have chefs. Wait...we do that already.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails