Thursday, August 07, 2008

this is how I roll...


this is how I roll..., originally uploaded by Sea Dream Studio.

Well, a cold front has blessed the Dallas suburbs with bone-chilling temps as low as 96!!! Wheee!I'm shivering! Seriously, anything below 100 feels pretty nice. I do love sunshine and heat, but even I wilt a bit when it is over 110!!
So, my heat induced lethargy has lifted and I am back in my studio snipping, gluing and generally making a tremendous mess. I am making mermaid grottoes, Frida shrines, pendants, birdnests, etc...
And of course, my digital obsession only grows! I am making PNG files out of everything I can photograph or scan and tinting black and white pics. I really do need a laptop...
School starts here on the 25th. Poor kids! Why must summer end?? Mine are currently in a frenzy of swimming, lazing about and generally avoiding all thoughts of the classroom. Who can blame them? Summer ROCKS!
Well, I am off to do a few domestic chores (where's that lazy housekeeper? Oh, yeah, that would be moi!) and try to get a little studio time in before I am required poolside!
Hope you are having a lovely August day.

6 comments:

Sadie Lou said...

I have a lazy housekeeper too! Maybe our housekeepers are from the same agency?
She makes more of a mess than anything else--glitter, buttons, fabric snippets...
*sigh*
~Sadie

mendytexas said...

YEAH, but once you get that laptop, you are ALWAYS playing! We went on an 8 hour trip to South Padre and I did digi the entire time! SO addictive! Have fun creating!! :)mendy

Kathy said...

Love, love your blog! Where did you get that sweet little Cinderella as well as the fairy at the top?? I love the digi elements you use. Your blog never fails to brighten my day. Thanks!! Kathy

Sea Dream Studio said...

Sadie Lou~ LOL! Yep, that lousy maid of mine leaves a trail of glitter all over my house! ;)

Mendy~ Yes, digi is my crack! I am so hooked!

Kathy~ I made most of the elements in this collage. The girls you mentioned are from some of my vintage greeting cards. I scanned them, then extracted them in Photoshop & saved them as PNG files. It is so fun! I am making elelments out of anything I can scan or photograph!It's like MAGIC!

Thanks girls! I appreciate you all stopping by! ~dale

Amy H. said...

Adore the Frida. Enjoy the "cool" weather. I know I'm still sweating here a little to the west of you. I'm loca.mama on Flickr. I have to try to remember that everyone doesn't know all of my "aliases" lol.

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

hope the weather is still a little cooler for you :-) have a fabulous day!! hugs!! xo Britt :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails