Friday, May 02, 2008

it's all about timing, baby... timing...


FORT WORTH~ AP news~ The First Monday Trade Days in Canton was hammered by a tornado Friday morning, and two people were hurt, but the popular flea market was still open for business, according to reports.
The tornado was one of a couple twisters reported around 9 a.m. in Van Zandt and Smith counties.
They appeared to be small on weather radar, but the one in Van Zandt County was destructive, according to the National Weather Service.
Joe Harris, a meteorologist with the agency's office in Fort Worth, said that officials in Van Zandt County reported an overturned car and minor injuries around Canton. The city is about 50 miles east of Dallas.
The tornadoes developed as a cold front pushed east across North Texas and on into East Texas, Harris said.
"Thunderstorms fired up along it," Harris said, "and as it got to Canton one those storms decided to be the bad boy and got wrapped up. A tornado popped out of it."

So, Sis and I missed the Canton tornado by one little day! Shysters!!! Yikes! Egad! That is too close for comfort! Tornado season is kicking my butt!

2 comments:

Jessrose21 said...

I'm glad you're ok! I was wondering if you and your sister got caught in it. It sounds like Canton got off pretty easy, considering what the tornado could have done!

Sea Dream Studio said...

Oh, yes, it was a tiny tornado, but I am still glad I missed it. I feel bad for the vendors. I doubt most are insured. Thankfully there were only minor injuries! I am ready for tornado season to go away!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails