Monday, March 23, 2009

coming soon to a kneecap near you...


No, that's not a satanic emblem, just my futute kneecap after I have surgery on Wednesday morning. I will be wired and pinned back together and on the long road to recovery. I just called "Dancing With Stars" and told them I might have to push off my appearance for a season. Poor Maxim. His heart will be broken! May's ascent of Mt. Everset is on hold, too... not to mention my Victoria's Secret photo shoot. What IS on tap, you ask??? Crutches, PT, drugs and lots of daytime TV, crossword puzzles and naps. Thank God for this laptop!
The worst thing is dressing., it is awkward, but that's not the real problem. The thing I am hating is that I am wearing my 16 year old son's track shorts and t-shirts... not cool... It is nearly impossible to maintain any since of style under these circumstances. ugh...
Well, I am off to bejewel my cruthches!

6 comments:

simoart said...

Hi
Sorry about your surgery. Hope you feel better and yes the labtop is my cyber friend. I wish you the best.

Ms. Cheryl said...

Welcome to my world, I had a knee replacement jan, 19th. I have been off work 9 weeks now and I think I really would have gone crazy without my laptop. I could not even go in my craft room for 8 weeks so blog hopping was the next best thing.
You're going to need more than crutches. Get a walker for the first 2-4 weeks. It's much more stable than crutches and doesn't kill your arm pits. Also you cannot carry anything at first so get or make a little bag that can attach to the front of your walker for carrying something like your cell phone from room to room or the tv remote or an unopened drink. Next go to a medical store and buy a tray that fits over the handles of the walker(only about $30). This will come in handy when you get hungry and you are home alone. It gives you a way to carry items larger than a drink or cell.If you need it once it is worth having.
The next two items you need are for the bathroom, a potty chair and a shower/tub bench. I'm only 52but i needed all of these things. the potty chair gives you a raised seat but most importantly it has arms that you will need to help you stand. you will not be able to sit in a tub for a while so you will need a bench to sit on to take a bath or shower.
BUT most importantly, are you gonna be ready for Paper Cowgirl? I think so! If i can answer any questions for you feel free to email me. ms.cheryl

m i c h e l l e said...

Hi Dale...

Thinking of you and hoping you heal PERFECTLY and can get back to all your bungy jumping and irish jigging activities quickly!

Hugs,
Michelle

Leah C said...

So sorry about your knee:( I do hope the surgery goes well...at least your sense of humor doesn't need fixing!

Annabelle said...

Sorry to hear about your fall but at least it is fixable...right? Get a lot of rest and enjoy the time to be creative.

Hugs Annabelle

Cindy said...

See...only misery can come from Dirty Dancing. LOL. Hope your knee will mend quickly my friend. Please go slowly. And get better.

c

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails