Monday, August 30, 2010

I don't like green eggs and ham...


Actually it is winter I don't like. And here it is the end of August. The days are getting shorter and nearly everyone I know is giddy at the mere thought of autumn. Alas, I am not giddy or even slightly glad. In the autumn everything dies and it gets cold and dark and dreary. Why would I like that?
But I do like boots... There's that.
I would joyfully live where winter is but a fairytale. I dream of burning my winter clothes in a glorious pyre! Dried leaves and bare branches do not delight me. I need sunshine and salt water and long, long days.
So, there is my little rant in anticipation of the bleakness to come.
For all of you autumn/winter lovers~enjoy! You may have my portion!
Me? I am building a boat that can carry me to the West Indies...
or perhaps I'll take up curling...





7 comments:

vivian said...

me ttttoo Dale.. I hate winter. but I do love fall. I wish we could have.. Late spring, summmmmerrrrr, early fall, late spring...summmmerrrrrr.. early fall......
but, it is what it is.. I guess we could always more to the carribean..or somewhere similiar.. but I kind of like where I live!
hugs
vivian

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Amen to that sister ! I do not like anything at all about cold ~ Nothing nothing ! If I had warmth all year that would be heaven to me !
Since we live sort of close by each other if you ever want to call or email to gripe about the cold, I am all sympathy ~

xoxo
Lori

Charlene said...

I see we live near each other. Did you go to Paper Cowgirls or just do the art for it? I recognise your logo from Paper Cowgirls but, don't remember meeting you. I was a bit distracted though that weekend. I too am a displaced Mermaid. I LOVE the beach/ocean/sea & all things Mermaid. I went to Manhattan Beach, CA in July to attend Kim Caldwell's Mermaid Event. Your art is amazing. I love your style. It is so what I would love to have. How long have you been working in digital art? LOVE LOVE LOVE the beautiful misty feeling of your work. Charlene

Charlene said...

Well silly me.... of course you were there. I see the button on your sidebar now. Sorry. Charlene

Moongrl722 said...

I like boots and my crockpot. Not together... other than that, give me a hot humid beach and a sundress and keep your damn long john underwear and gloves. :)

Leah C said...

Can I get a ride on that boat?! I'm just like you...in no hurry for autumn...because winter always follows. I'd be happy to just skip that season:)

Timoteo said...

Luckily, the winters here are mild, and it's the summer season that can be rather harsh.(We'll still be hitting 100-plus through September!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails