Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I beg to differ...


So, one hears the direst remarks about the internet... how we are all secluded in our homes, caught up in a virtual world, blah, blah, blah. Well, I beg to differ and I image you, gentle reader, do also. I LOVE the internet and I think it is a marvelous way to connect. It is a real boon to artists like moi, who find a nurturing, supportive community on the web. Here's a great example... sweet Jessi http://scrappyjessi.blogspot.com/ is a delightful artist and fun blogger. She has purchased some items from my shop and I like to throw in some extra goodies with my orders. As a thank you she made me the fabulous mermaid ATC pictured above!! I adore it and even more I treasure this friendship brought to me by the wonderful internet! Thanks and hugs Jessi!! You rock!
And on another related note... The upcoming Paper Cowgirl Retreat (where I am priviledged to be teaching) is also a spawn of web connections. Some Texas altered art bloggers are pulling this sure to be fun and inspiring event together.
I love the web!

7 comments:

Jessi Nagy said...

aaahhh thankls Dale!!
you deserve special treats everyday!!
your such a doll.
oxoxo,
jessi

Anonymous said...

Hey chickadee!!
lucky you get to teach a class! way to go girlie-o!!! I left you an award on my blog!! hugs

toodles-
Sarah

p.s email me abut that paper cowgirls things!! i might come!

MaryEllen said...

Hi Dale,
I am loving your latest pieces!
I also wanted present you with a reward!!!
go to my blog at:
an-artkissed.blogspot.com
to recieve it.
your art is a constant inspiration to me!

Enjoy,
MaryEllen at ARTkissed

LaurieStar said...

What an awesome gift! I love the internet too, -- so much great art out there to see and cool sites! Keep up the good work! :)

Jennifer said...

hi dale! i'm happy to be visiting you this morning because i got one of your lovely jewel of the sea pendants in the mail today. i was so excited. the atc that jessi made you is really cute. thanks again for the great pendant.

jenny

Joanna Rowan said...

Hello my sweet mermaid friend! I have missed you, sorry it has been so long, I have been focusing on classes the last few months and am SO ready to get back to creating!! Just wanted to drop you a line and see how you are doing and tell you I am finally back up on my blog! Fairy Hugs, Joanna

mendytexas said...

Wish I could have gone to the TX retreat, but I have our big homecoming weekend that week! Since my son is the mascsot, we are all extra excited! I know your class will be fabulous!! Love this beautiful piece! :)mendy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails