Thursday, July 08, 2010

ah, summer...




I am so loving these hot, lazy days of summer. This is my season, my most cherished
time of the year. I am enchanted by the music of lawnmowers and cicadas, the glint and
gleam of fireflies, the beautifully quiet mornings and the brilliant late sunsets.
I have made an uneasy peace with the other seasons,
but it summer that I adore.



In these midsummer days I am not pushing myself. Yes, I am creating
when the spirit moves me, but only then. I need this restful time.
That being said, I am enjoying working on some jewelry pieces.
I am loving combining textures and colors in new way.
I love the feel of glass beads, the character inherent in snippets
of vintage lace.

I am enjoying some fabulous summer reading. I have a wonderfully
tall stack of books at my bedside. It always makes me feel joyful to think
of all the adventures waiting for me between the covers of those books.


I hope your summer days are also filled with the small joys exclusive to this most lovely season!
xo~Dale

3 comments:

Ineke Original said...

Wonderful pictures!

Leah C said...

It's my favorite time of year, too...wish I had summertime all year long!!

Anonymous said...

yes July is my month! it's hot, sweet and I was born in it! heheee.....

lazy hazy dazy days of summer are the best!!!!!

this post is so sweet...so very pretty...thanks for sharing!

gorgeous!

summer bliss!

ciao bella
creative carmelina

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails