Monday, February 20, 2006

my brain is such a nut!


Okay... The Dallas Morning News has an article today about the fabled city of Timbuktu... a real place in Africa that has spawned many legends and myths, and some amazing true stories. Dallas based author Frank Kryza has written a book about Timbuktu, thus the article. Soooo... as I'm reading this I think of Tippacanoe and Tyler, too. Well, who wouldn't? From there it is only natural to think of Linda Ronstadt belting out "I've been from Tucson to Tucumcari, Tehachapi to Tonopah..." and so now the lyrics to "Willin'" (a song thatwas on the 8-track I used to listen to driving from Durham to Danville... over & over & over) is STUCK IN MY HEAD! It was not particularly a song I adored, but it seems I know every damn word of it. What is with my brain? There is so much I need to know, want to know... but this is what I keep..."Driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed, and if you give me weed, whites and wine and you show me a sign, I'll be willin' to be movin". Now, isn't that useful?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails